The present-day Bank of Abyssinia was established on February 15, 1996 (90 years to the day after the first but defunct private bank was established in 1906 during Emperor Menelik II) in accordance with 1960 Ethiopian commercial code and the Licensing and Supervision of Banking Business Proclamation No. 84/1994.
BOA started its operation with an authorized and paid up capital of Birr 50 million, and Birr 17.8 million respectively, and with only 131 shareholders and 32 staff.
In two decades since its establishment Bank of Abyssinia has registered a significant growth in paid up capital and total asset. It also attracted many professional staff members, valuable shareholders and large customers from all walks of life. This performance indicates public confidence in the Bank and reliability and satisfaction in its services.
Currently, employing the state-of-art banking technology, the Bank provides excellence domestic, international and special banking services to its esteemed and valuable customers. It also strives to serve all economic and services sectors via its ever increasing branch networks through out the country.
አቢሲንያ የትጉሃን መናኸሪያ!